JUDGES PANEL - 2022
JUDGE's & CONTEST COORDINATOR
2011 Mr. Mid-Atlantic Leather - Mr. Pittsburgh Leather Fetish
Native of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania – D received his BS degree in Business Management and MBA in International Business from Saint Peter’s College in Jersey City, New Jersey. He travels as an international businessman and has lived in places such as New York, New Jersey, Ireland and India.
He marked the beginning of his Leather Journey in 2004, with the purchase of leather jock strap from The Leather Man NYC. What’s interesting, the jock wasn’t for him, but the feelings of excitement, adventure, and mystery that came over him from the purchase of the leather jock, would change his life forever. D followed his curiosity and searched for answers to explain or help justified why he was felt this way towards leather. As if it wasn’t difficult being gay, and now having kinky thoughts and feelings; he thought something must be really wrong with him.
That frustrated feeling lasted until April 2007 when he attended his first true leather event, Beyond Leather in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. There he received the answers to his questions through seminars and much more.
D believes that there are many people, especially Africa Americans that suppress their feelings or desires when it comes to leather or fetishes. Often there is no one you can trust to share your feelings or fantasy with, so you pursue your journey in the dark without guidance. D offers himself, as a mentor, to become that light, in their darkness.
He strongly supports the message, as long as you believe—you can achieve—for all things are possible through strength, determination and passion. D is a full member of Three Rivers Leather Club. He is a former Mr. Pittsburgh Leather/Fetish 2011, Mr. Mid-Atlantic Leather 2011, and was the First Runner Up for Mr. International Leather 2011.
Demonstrating a holistic approach to volunteerism, D has worked with the United Way, Christmas Toy Drive, Shepard Wellness, Boys & Girls Club of America, Three Rivers Youth, Gay Men Heath Crises (GMHC), and the Leather & Archives Museum; lending a helping hand to all communities—black or white, straight or gay, lesbian or transgender, young or old, kinky or vanilla – for we are all in this together!
D is not an abbreviation for Douglas, it stands for three signature words that he lives by: Always Daring, Never Stop Dreaming & Always Deliver on your promise! For these are true characteristic of Leatherman and the cornerstones of our community.
Pittsburgh Leather Bear Producer
2020-2021 Mr. Pittsburgh Leather Bear
Iron City Pup Producer
2022 Iron City Pup
A former model from Pulse International Jamaica.
Steve Tingle - Born and raised in Jamaica.
A former model from Pulse International Jamaica.
No stranger to the runways of Jamaica/St. Martin and New York.
Affiliated with the leather community for 8 years and and worked quietly behind the scenes.
2012 Mr. Mid-Atlantic Leather - Mr. Pittsburgh Leather Fetish
Matthew is known as Matthew MAL to his Facebook friends, but in real life is name is Matthew Bronson.
His past titles include Mr. Pittsburgh Leather Fetish 2012 and then Mr. MAL 2012.
He has participated in various fundraiser events throughout the years. His passion in life is education. During the day he has been teaching children who have autism for 24 years.
He is proud that he has changed individual lives for the better. During his free time he like to educate individuals about the leather and kink community.
He understands for new people, who would like to know more about leather and kink, it can be quite overwhelming at times.
He would like to continue to be a resource and support person for those who seeking guidance and direction in this wonderful world we live in together.
MISTRESS OF CEREMONIES
Pittsburgh’s First Lady of Drag – Kierra Darshell 1989 to Present:
• Founder and Producer of Tri-State Pageantry Productions Annual Miss Tri-State All-Star
• Pageant celebrating 25thAnniversary in 2017 at CLO Cabaret Theatre
• Graced the cover of Pittsburgh Gay Pride Magazine
• Modeled in a fashion show at Heinz Hall benefiting AIDS Research
• Produced Drag entertainment for Metropol's night club – Thursday’s Alternative • NightMistress of Ceremonies at the Upper Ohio Valley AIDS Task Force Benefit Show
• Modeled in a hair show for Uptown Hair Design
• Performance at Treat '96 Rio On The Rivers at the William Penn Hotel
• Performance at Tommy Cousins' Cabaret Extraordinaire Benefit show at Rosebud with local greats Sandy Dowe and Etta Cox
• The first Female Impersonator to perform at the Annual Real Hot AIDS Benefit Show in Philadelphia, PA; with designer Ralph Lauren and supermodel Roshamba
• Performance with the Physical Theatre Project - World AIDS Day’s presentation of Wake Up III, at the RegentTheatre in East Liberty
• Performance at the Pittsburgh’s cast party for LaCage Aux Follies Broadway show impersonating Diana RossPerformance at the 16th Annual TRANSPITT Ball “Be All”
• Cast in the local movie production of “Out Loud”
• Guest Hostess annual fund-raiser for the Pittsburgh Film Association’s Academy Awards Gala at Loews Theater, Homestead, PA
• Part of VH1’s special “Boys will be Girls” production
• Guest speaker at the Conference on the Tran-Gendered Day of Remembrance
• Joined the GLSEN Pittsburgh Chapter Board
• Performance at the annual Ellsworth Street Fair “Divas of Drag”
• Performer at Outrageous Bingo benefiting Shepherd Wellness Community and Gay & Lesbian Community Center Producer of the Pennsylvania State University – Gay Pride Show (2004 - 2011)
• Performance at Hungarian Reformed Church benefit show
• Performance for National Rental Car Christmas Party
• Opening Act for the Performance Center for the Arts with Motown Legends Martha Reeves and the VandellasPerformance for Dance
• Alloy Theater – 30th Anniversary Celebration
• Modeled for Spector Studios print catalog
• Performance at CLO - Late Night Cabaret - "DragTime" with Mama Spell
• Producer of The Annual SouthSide Works "Exposed" Street Fair - Drag Show
• Guest hostess for Veritas & AtoZ Communications "Hairspray" event at The SouthSide Works Cinema Performance @ Andy Warhol Museum for The Carryin' On Exhibition closing celebration
• Performance for L'Oreal Cosmetics launch party "Beyonce's Armani Diamonds Perfume" @ Marriott Airport Hotel Panel Speaker for University of Pittsburgh Graduate School on Transgender Issues
• Panel Speaker for Chatham College Republicans on "Queer Youth of Color"
• Mistress of Ceremonies 24th Anniversary Lambda Ball @ The Priory Hotel by Pittsburgh's Lambda FoundationPerformance at Shadyside Saloon benefit children with Autism
• Producer of the Sex In The City & Sex In The City 2 Movies (girls night out) drag performance at SouthSide Works Spotlighted in "Royalty in the Making?" article by Jessica Levine in Pittsburgh's Gay Pride magazine
• Producer of the PUMP Stay & Play Fridays Drag Show in Market Square downtown Pittsburgh
• Performance impersonating Diana Ross at Grey Box Theater Pittsburgh.
• Guest performer at PERSAD Annual Spell Event benefiting Persad Center
• Guest performer for Salon Christine Art Gallery during The Gallery Crawl in the Culture District
• Coordinator for The Mattress Factory ALL ACCESS: The 2009 Urban Garden Party - DRAG Performance with the legendary Rich & Cindy Engler as event Co-Chairs
• Guest performer at Heinz Field (stadium) for Cancer research w/Master of Ceremonies George Matta, Rivers Casino - Pittsburgh, PA
• Performance at M2010 Microbicides: Building Bridges in HIV Prevention at David L. Lawrence Convention Center
• Special guest performance at The Rex Theater Pittsburgh (Southside) with Pretty Things Peepshow "The Best in Burlesque & Sideshow"
• Performer at Delta Foundation Pittsburgh Pride in the Street for the Legendary Patti LaBelle
• Meet & Greet for VIPs at The Mattress Factory From Hollywood to Paradise : The 2011 Urban Garden Party - event Co-Chairs Michael White and Rick LeBeau
• Special guest performer at 10th Year Anniversary Party The Pittsburgh Glass Center (Hot & Sticky Event)
• First queen to perform at Bucknell University - welcome back to school/Gay Pride celebration in Lewisburg, PA
• Opening act for Broadway's Star - Christine Ebersole at the Pittsburgh AIDS Task Force 26th Annual Benefit Gala (O'Reilly Theater)
• Meet & Greet for VIPs at The Mattress Factory Alice at the Factory: The 2012 Urban Garden Party
• Special guest performer for the Bayard Rustin Centennial Festival and UNmasked conference at the August Wilson Center
• Entertainment coordinator at The Mattress Factory Soul Factory Motown at the Museum: The 2013 Urban Garden Party
• Grace the cover of Equal Magazine August 2013 issue channeling - Diana Ross
• Mistress of Ceremonies "One More Time: Old School Ball” Celebrating 50+ years of Black Queer Performance in Pittsburgh - creator Harrison Apple
• Mistress of Ceremonies "20th Anniversary Andy Warhol Gala 2014"co-chair Ann McGuinn entertainment
by Gloria Gaynor
• Produced/Performed after-party for comedian Erin Foley show kicking-off Pittsburgh Gay Pride
• Entertainment coordinator at The Mattress Factory Wild West: The 2014 Urban Garden Party
• Coordinated the drag entertainment and performed at Scott & Billy Meoni-Ridenour "Gay" Wedding at Carnegie Museum of • Natural History (featured in Pittsburgh Post-Gazette November 2014)
• Guest appearance at New Voices Pittsburgh 10th Year Anniversary celebration at Andy Warhol Museum ( featured in Pittsburgh Post-Gazette December 2014)
• Produced/Hosted "A Night of Song" featuring from NYC singer Jason Walker for Late Night Cabaret at the Cabaret Theater
• Entertainment coordinator at The Mattress Factory Theme M: 2015 Urban Garden Party
• Producer/Coordinator: Kierra Darshell's Kinky Boots After-Party at Cabaret Theater: with guest appearance by Tony & Grammy award winner Billy Porter
• Producer/Coordinator: Kierra Darshell's Sunday Drag Brunch at Improv Comedy Club
• Drag coordinator for The Frick Art Museum "Killer Heels" the art of the high-heeled shoe - opening gala (featured in Pittsburgh Post-Gazette)
• Drag consultant for Point Park University "Wig Out!" directed by Tome' Cousin
• Performer/Drag Coordinator: “A Party for Barbara” Luderowski at the Mattress Factory honoring the late founder life
• Performed/Drag Coordinator for Pennsylvania Governor Tom Wolf re-election fundraiser with the Governor in attendance
• Performed/Drag Coordinator for The Westmoreland Museum of American Art “Big Art Party” annual fundraiser
• First drag queen featured in The Icons of Pittsburgh annual magazine showcasing Pittsburgh’s Icons.